- 1 tablespoon minced or puréed ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac, plus extra
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for later
- 1 turkey breast split, bone-in, and skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- Kosher salt
Mash together the ginger, garlic, sumac, salt and pepper to form a paste. Gently work your fingers under the turkey skin and coat the turkey breast with the rub, massaging it in and making certain to focus on the area beneath the skin. Do not use rub on the skin but on the meat directly.
Seal turkey breast inside a large resealable plastic bag, removing as much air as possible in trying to emulate a vacuum seal. Let the turkey breast chll in the rub for 4-24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the turkey breast rib-side down onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Coat entire surface of turkey breast with room temperature butter, both under and over the skin. Season skin with a sprinkle of kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and sumac. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of breast, away from any bones.
Roast the turkey breast at 425 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165 degrees. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the turkey breast. For best results, rely on a digital meat thermometer with an alarm that you can set to go off when the temperature reaches 165.
Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
To plate, place a pile of roasted Brussels sprouts in the middle of a plate. Lean slices of turkey breast up against sprouts. To finish, drizzle plate with brown butter vinaigrette.
Click here to see the Food Porn Q&A with Amanda Simpson story.
Click here to see Food Porn Daily's Blood Orange, Ginger Beer and Tequila Cocktail recipe.
Click here to see Amanda Simpson's recipe for Horseradish-Blue Cheese Sauce for Onion Rings.
Click here to see Amanda Simpson's recipe for Buttermilk Beer Battered Onion Rings.
Roasted Turkey Breast
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Roasted Turkey Breast made with butter, herbs, salt, and pepper has tender juicy meat and CRISPY skin, and roasts in only 90 minutes!
It’s officially turkey season in our kitchen, and we’ve been cooking them up all week to prepare for Thanksgiving! Just in case you need some FAST last minute turkey ideas, check out Spatchcock Turkey, Easy Roasted Turkey Thighs, and Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast.
Recipes - Recipe: Middle Eastern Roast Turkey BreastBranch out from your usual turkey dinner with a flavour-packed roast that’ll have the whole table asking for seconds. -->
One of the best parts of the holiday season is all the eating. And if you&rsquore looking for a way to branch out from your usual turkey dinner, we've got the dish for you. This Middle Eastern-inspired recipe is Shahir&rsquos take on the classic turkey dinner. Roasted on the bone, these turkey breasts are marinated with a delicious blend of spices including Za&rsquoatar, cumin and Sumac, as well as the sweet and tangy taste of pomegranate molasses. Pair it with his Holiday Fattoush, and you&rsquove got a delicious dinner that's sure to please.
3 fresh turkey breasts, bone in, skin on
2 medium red onions
Large handful of parsley
Marinade (reserve half for Fattoush vinaigrette):
3 tbsp ground sumac
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp za'atar
1 tsp ground allspice
6 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup pomegranate molasses
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
If you&rsquove already made the marinade, set aside and start peeling onions. If not, complete following directions: Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl except for olive oil. Once combined, slowly drizzle in oil and whisk to emulsify, set aside.
Peel red onions and slice into half inch rounds. Place in the base of your roasting pan and place 3 turkey breasts on top. Pour over half of your marinade making sure to coat the skin.
Bake at 375F for 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature reads 165F. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Chinese-Style Roasted Turkey Breast
Learn how to cook flavorful and juicy turkey breast in an hour. No marinating and brining required!
Because I was only cooking for two people, I seriously didn’t want to deal with a whole turkey. So, I decided to cook a turkey breast.
With zero experience, I turned to my friend Robyn at Simply Fresh Dinners for advice. Robyn is an expert at cooking fresh and healthy dinners. She has two killer turkey recipes – Boneless, Stuffed Turkey on the Rotisserie and Roasted Turkey on the Grill, that make my mouth water just by looking at her pictures. When she passed along her advice on cooking with turkey, I knew I was in good hands.
Like Robyn suggested, I made a vegetable bed with chicken broth, and placed the turkey breast on top. So, once I finished baking, I would have enough liquid for making gravy. I gave the seasoning an Asian twist, by making a hoisin-butter sauce with Chinese seasoning and stuffed it under the turkey skin. This method gives extra flavor to the turkey meat while keeping the skin crispy.
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly all over the skin of the turkey breast. (You can also loosen the skin and smear half of the paste underneath, directly on the meat.) Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
Roast the turkey for 1½ to 1¾ hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read meat thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest and meatiest area of the breast. Check the breast after an hour or so if the skin is overbrowning, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
When the turkey is done, remove from the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and allow the turkey to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve warm with the pan juices.
Copyright 2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That? by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved
We are big proponents of always cooking with bone in and skin on meat. The flavor can’t be beat, and there’s nothing quite as delicious as crispy skin. If you avoid excess fat for dietary reasons, or just aren’t a fan of the skin, you can always remove the skin before roasting.
Basting requires you to open the oven door repeatedly, losing a ton of heat! You do not need to baste, and we actually recommend not basting with this recipe. If you do decide to baste, you will need to plan on some additional cooking time.
Frequently asked questions
Just like baked chicken breast, I find that the secret to crispy skin and juicy meat is cooking at a high temperature for a relatively short time.
This method ensures wonderfully crispy skin and juicy, succulent meat. When cooked at 450 degrees F, the total cooking time for half a breast is 45 - 60 minutes.
Because of its size, you will need to loosely cover it with foil after about 20 minutes in the oven, then finish roasting it. The foil will keep the top from scorching.
If you'd like to roast a whole breast instead of half, you can use the same method of browning it in a very hot oven, then loosely covering it with foil and continuing to roast until done. But you'll need more time.
The last time I cooked a whole, 3 ½ lb. breast, I baked it for 1.5 hours. It took that long for an instant-read thermometer to register 160 degrees F.
It turned out fabulous, with crispy, savory skin and very juicy meat, the juiciest we’ve ever had actually. But it does require a longer time commitment than using breast halves.
The first secret is to roast it at a high temperature and for a relatively short time. The second secret: Allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing it. This allows the juices to settle and redistribute, ensuring juicy meat.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash®)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (3 pound) turkey breast with skin
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture. Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. For a creamier, lighter gravy, whisk in half-and-half.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-pound turkey breast (bone-in), rinsed and well dried
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fit a small roasting pan with a V-shaped rack. Drizzle oil over turkey breast, and season with salt and pepper. Center turkey breast on rack. Transfer to oven, and roast until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the breast, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Roasted Turkey Breast
"Roasted Turkey Breast made with butter, herbs, salt, and pepper has tender juicy meat and CRISPY skin, and roasts in only 90 minutes! It&rsquos officially turkey season in our kitchen, and we&rsquove been cooking them up all week to prepare for Thanksgiving! Just in case you need some FAST last minute turkey ideas, check out Spatchcock Turkey, Easy Roasted Turkey Thighs, and Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast.Roasted Turkey Breast is my go-to choice when I have to cook for the holidays, but don&rsquot have much time to prep and roast a whole turkey. This is also a great last minute option if you didn&rsquot buy a whole turkey in time to defrost it properly."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
No Peeking Allowed Beef Casserolevideocam
Ready for a casserole recipe that will blow your mind with how easy and delicious it is? This No Peeking Allowed Beef Casserole is the&hellip See more Continue reading: "No Peeking Allowed Beef Casserolevideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.