We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) peas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine scallion whites, rice, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and 2 cups water in a medium heavy pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is almost tender and the water is evaporated, 35–40 minutes. Stir in bok choy and peas, cover, and let steam until the peas are cooked and the bok choy is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggs until whites are cooked but yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve eggs over steamed rice and vegetables. Garnish with cilantro.